Monday, January 28, 2013

My Hijab is not my fashion accessory, it is not my beauty statement. My Hijab is my covenant with God, it is my identity.

My Hijab is not my fashion accessory, it is not my beauty statement. My Hijab is my covenant with God, it is my identity.


My Hijab is not my fashion accessory, it is not my beauty statement. My Hijab is my covenant with God, it is my identity.
Yes,Indeed hijab makes me less beautiful ,not to all but to the lustful eyes of man and his viles. My hijab is my armour , an armour made of silk, that keeps me guarded. I might have luscious long hair , beneath it, but that is for my family too see and admire.
Isn't amazing what that square metre of cloth signifies.? It makes a statement on my behalf.
My hijab tells you Iam a muslim, and I respect all people and their faiths.
My hijab tells you I don't drink alcohol , nor will you find me in late night clubs binge drinking.
My hijab tells you I love my family and guard my chastity.
My hijab tells you that I work hard and contribute for the betterment of the society.
My hijab tells you that I would offer my seat to an elderly person.
Hijab should not be forced upon, it is a journey a sister takes in her life, for what use is it you cover your head and fill your heart with vile and prejudice. True beauty is not superficial, it is the radiance one gives out from the heart be it a man or a woman. What we perceive as beauty to day is a mere personification of all things perishable, but in reality beauty never dies.
My beauty for me lies in my hijab, for without my hijab, I am like a flower without petals . Whether my beauty appeals to strange people , is absolutely not my worry. When I live and integrate in this society I portray myself as a good human being, for that is what I strive to be in my life. I donot fancy the latest lip colors , or hair colors as for me ,beauty is in my heart and that I can only project with my behavior and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment